- DC: Wonder Woman is too difficult to find a movie audience for-
- Marvel: YO YOU LIKE BLACK WIDOW? HERE SHE IS IN THE NEXT CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE WITH A TON OF SCREENTIME AND MAJOR ASSKICKING SKILLS
- DC: We can't allow the lesbians in Batwoman to get married in the comic, sorry.
- Marvel: HEY GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA FEATURE A GAY WEDDING ON THE COVER OF AN X-MEN ISSUE
- DC: The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical.
- Marvel: DUDE CHECK IT OUT LOKI GOES SPEED DATING IS THAT NOT THE BEST SHIT EVER
- DC: After years of rumors, the Superman/Batman movie is finally coming, but with a new actor and suit for Batman and MAYBE a cameo from Wonder Woman.
- Marvel: PHASE 2 MOTHERFUCKERS EVERYONE IS IN EVERYONE'S MOVIE AND THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
- DC: We can try to add maybe one or two 'people of color' to our lineup...maybe...
- Marvel: NEW MS MARVEL THAT'S MUSLIM AMERICAN, BITCHES.
- DC: We feel no problem with Batman's vengeful personality being like wet cardboard.
- Marvel: NEW LATINA GHOST RIDER WHO SEEKS VENGEANCE WHILE TAKING HIS AWEET LIL BRO FOR ICE CREAM
- DC: We can't mention any superhero titles in our movies, that's ridiculous.
- Marvel: FUCK YEAH YOU WANT A RACOON VOICED BY BRADLEY COOPER WITH A GIANT GUN? YOU WANT VIN DIESEL PLAYING A TREE? AMY FUCKING POND PLAYING A SEXY BALD SPACE PIRATE? HERE YOU FUCKERS GO
- DC: Our fanbase is mostly white males, I'm sure our focus is-
- Marvel: NEW SHE HULK LINE WHERE SHE GOES TO COURT THEN SAVES NEW YORK
- DC: Wait-
- Marvel: NEW FEMALE THOR
- DC: I didn't-
- Marvel: NEW BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Marvel: TAKE ALL THIS COOL SHIT MARVEL BE OUTIE
- Marvel: PEACE
Anonymous said: imagine Bucky seeming weird about food because he doesn't know what he likes and only sees food as fuel. Steve is all too aware of it and thinks he has some sort of eating disorder... if you don't want to publish this thats fine don't want to upset anyone its just been buzzing round my head all day
mod note: we really had a tough time deciding what to do with this one; none of the mods know enough about eating disorders for us to really be positive we’re not writing something harmful, offensive, or incorrect, but we do want to publish it because we recognize that eating disorders are very real and very difficult to talk about, and that it’s important to acknowledge them.
so we’d like to leave this open as a prompt to any of our followers who are more informed than we are and interested in writing about it.
Bucky eats one meal a day. (He doesn’t shower without prompting, but Steve isn’t as worried about that because you can live without showering. Food is another matter.) And he eats whatever he gets his hands on. Doesn’t matter if it’s stale, wilted, or even rotten.
It comes to a head when Steve decides it’s Bucky’s turn to choose what take-out they order for movie night. He’s not as much of a ghost as he used to be, actually sitting with the rest of the team instead of lurking in shadows, and so Steve wants to fold him into the traditions and team bonding.
"Your turn to pick what we get for take-out," Steve tells Bucky.
"It’s just food. Whatever."
"Surely you have a preference."
"It’s just food!"
"Don’t push," Sam said, a hand on Steve’s arm. "If he doesn’t want to pick he doesn’t have to. Let’s just get Chinese." The others nod and seem to let it go, but Bucky just continues to stare at the floor, and when the food arrives, he doesn’t touch it.
It’s a common symptom of PTSD, Sam tells Steve later. The need control, regularity, pattern. Steve can’t help but wonder why he picked this pattern, and the conclusion chilled him to the bone. Hydra must have taught him that. It makes Steve shudder, thinking about Bucky being treated like a tool and not an actual human.
So Steve takes to leaving chocolates and sweets where he knows Bucky will find them. Caramels and chocolates and lollipops start being scattered around. When Steve finds a vintage style candy store, he spends hours finding Bucky’s favorites from when they were kids and soon the tower is filled with trays of candies and bouquets of lollipops.
When he sees Bucky unwrap a tootsie roll (grape, his favorite) Steve is sure he’s going to cry.